Activity #2 (Kindergarten)
“Parts of a Flower”
1. Real flower plant
2. Picture of flower plant
1. Introduce different parts of a flower
· Root - holds the plant in the ground and absorbs water and nutrients from the soil.
· Stem - carries the water and nutrients to the rest of the plant. It also helps support it and direct the leaves towards the sunlight for them to produce the food source for the plant.
· Leaves - make food for the plant
· Flowers - make the seeds to make new flowers
2. Have the students draw their own flower with all four parts.