Activity #1 (Kindergarten)
1. Clear Pitchers
4. Food Coloring
5. Ice Trays
1. For each color of the rainbow, have a clear pitcher of water ready and available.
2. Have the children take turns adding drops of coloring to the water.
3. Pour water into ice cube trays. Place in freezer.
4. Talk about how the water was a liquid. What do they think will happen to the water?
5. After the cubes are frozen, pop them out. The children can play and observe them melting. Watch some melt together and see what happens.